OUR VISION: Using no-till systems, including cover crops, will lead to healthier soils and more sustainable income.
OUR MISSION: To promote the successful application of no till and soil health building practices through shared ideas, experiences, education and new technology.
- Bring together agricultural people who have common interests.
- Promote soil health practices in Ohio.
- Our use of the term “no-till” includes: no soil disturbance except for planting and fertilizer injection;
- cover crops;
- 4 R’s of fertilizer application;
- and other soil health building practices, as appropriate.
- Work with researchers to promote on-farm academic research of soil health farming practices.
- Promote aggressive research on practices to rapidly improve soil health and increase net income.
- Organize programs, field days and other events to help educate farmers, landowners, agency personnel and others about no-till systems.
- Cooperate with agencies such as Extension, USDA, ODNR, SWCDs, and others in their educational efforts and activities, and support our common goals.
- Share ideas, equipment innovations, and field proven technology among the membership and with individuals or groups throughout Ohio.
- Preserve the history of and promote the progress in no-till farming practices.
- Increase public awareness of the value of no-till systems and their benefits for the farmer, the community and the global population.
- Continually strive to secure and utilize the best no-till information available and encourage others to do the same.
- Represent a collective voice for issues affecting no-till systems.
FOR MORE INFO CONTACT:
Email Randall Reeder, Executive Director or call (614)477-0439