2nd Annual Soil Health Field Day
The 2nd Annual Soil Health Field Day will be held at the Carrollton Friendship Center, 100 Kensington Rd NE, Carrollton, OH 44615. The event will run from 10am to 3pm. Topics covered include:
- Equipment Vendors & Ag Vendors
- Carroll SWCD Program Updates
- Soil Pit & Root Investigations
- Farming & Reclaimed Pipelines
- Adapting to Well Pads & Pipelines
Speakers of the day will be Bret Margraf (“Pushing No-Till Further”) from Seneca Conservation District and Rick Griffin (“Building Soil Health”) from NRCS. RSVP by August 15th to 330-627-9852. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Precision Ag Field Day
Blanchard River Demonstration Farms Network & The Ohio State University will be hosting Precision Ag Field Day at Kellogg Farms, 17392 Township Road 50 near Forest in Hardin County. The event will take place on Wednesday, August 23rd and run from 8:30am- 2:30pm. There will be several different events including:
- Edge of Field Research Role in Addressing Nutrient Challenges
- Getting Started with Data Management
- Precision Agriculture Equipment for the Smaller Producer
- Utilizing Your Data for Accurate Soil Sampling & Recommendations
- Drone Technology
- USDA-NRCS Programs & Benefits
- Making Adaptive Nitrogen Decisions
- In-Field Demonstrations with Vendors
The event is free but pre-registration is required and must be received by August 16th. To register, contact the Hardin County Extension (419) 674-2297 or register online here. Lunch will be provided.
Soil Health Testing Field Day
Wood SWCD, The Ohio State University, & UDSA will be hosting a Soil Health Field Day at Riker Seed located at 10492 E Poe Road in Bowling Green (corner of Dunbridge & Poe Road). The field day will take place on Thursday, August 31st from 9am- 1pm. The field day will include:
- Soil Health Field Measurements
- Chemical, Physical, & Biological Tests
- Active Carbon
- Solvita 360 Soilscan Nitrogen
- Cover Crop Plantings
Presenters of the day will be Dr. Rafiq Islam- OSU Soil Specialist, Jim Hoorman- NRCS Soil Health Division, and Abby Wensink- Wood SWCD.
There is no charge for the event but pre-registration is required by August 28th. Registration can be made by contacting Contact Alan Sundermeier by email at email@example.com or by phone at (419) 354-9050. Lunch will be provided.