The Ohio No-Till Council is offering 2 scholarships of $500 each. The application deadline is May 31, 2017. Selection process will occur in May and winners will be announced by the end of May.
Here’s the details:
- These scholarships are one year in length
- Are open to all children and grandchildren from a farming background
- Applicants must be enrolling or currently enrolled in a two-year or four-year accredited college program
- The expected degree is not limited to agriculture
- Previous winners and applicants may apply each year they are eligible
- All monies awarded will be made payable to the winner’s respective college
- All incoming freshmen, sophomore, junior and senior college students are eligible
- Applicants must have an accredited 2.5 grade average in your current high school or college curriculum
All interested applicants need to complete the information requested below and return by May 31, 2017 to:
Martha Winters, 419 CR 109, Fremont, OH 43420
(Please Print Application Information Clearly)
NAME_________________________ CELL PHONE__________________________
ADDRESS____________________________ CITY___________________________ STATE_______ ZIP________
NAME OF FARM PARENT OR GRANDPARENT ______________________________________
SCHOOL PRESENTLY ATTENDING________________________________________
GUIDANCE COUNSELOR/ADVISOR NAME________________________________
SCHOOL ATTENDING NEXT YEAR__________________________________
Applicants must also include furnish:
- A one-page essay (500 words) on an agriculturally-related topic. (Should be on soil & water conservation; no-tillage practices, soil health, etc.)
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers or professors.
- Submit a copy of your recent grade card or transcript.
PLEASE NOTE: Recipients must attend the December 2017 meeting of the Ohio No-Till Council in Plain City to receive their scholarship.
Remember to have this form and other required items completed and returned by May 31st. Good Luck!